Thursday, June 9, 2011

Roller coaster

Goodness. Today has been a roller coaster day, for sure.

Up: We sold my car! For more than we thought we'd get for it! I'm so relieved; I really thought it would take longer to sell it.

Down: We immediately got into a fender bender. With a concrete pole in the parking lot. My fiance was driving, and he was busy looking for a parking spot, and somehow completely overlooked the concrete pole directly in front of him. We're both fine, but I'm a little (okay a lot) sore. I was busy playing with the game I got in my Sonic kid's meal, so I was caught completely off-guard. The bumper and grill of the truck look horrible, but it's completely fixable, and that's what insurance is for, right? I just can't believe it happened right after we sold the "extra" car.

And then another up: My fiance found out he got the job transfer he applied for. He'll be working for the same place, but will have a different job/title, with a quicker possibility of moving to first shift (he works second shift now, and has since before I met him). We aren't sure how quickly he'll be able to move to first shift, but if he had stayed in his current position it wouldn't have happened for at least ten years, if not more, so we're excited about this opportunity. On first shift, he'll also work fewer overtime hours and fewer weekends. I get to see my fiance in the daytime! And spend time with him! I'm so happy about this.

And let's hope the day stops there, on that upswing. No more downswings allowed.

Here are my journal entries for the past two days. I've not yet done the entry for today, but it should be a fun one.

Day 7:


The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was to write a love letter to someone. I, um, chose books. Obviously there are lots of people I could have written a love letter to, but I've had so much time to read so far this summer, and I'm in love with all of the books I've read lately!

The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to draw your dream room. One day I will have a library in my home. A whole room dedicated to books, with a comfy couch or chair for reading, and a huge window or two to let the sunshine in. Perfection!

Day 8:


The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was to write what you would put into a time capsule that won't be opened for 100 years. This was hard!

The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to write your name in a cool font. I don't know how "cool" the font I used is, but I was feeling a little uninspired.

And now I'm going to cook supper (sloppy joe casserole), work on today's journal entry, and then finish up a wedding project I've been working on for way too long. And maybe go to bed early tonight, because I am feeling super worn out from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment