- Keep saving $100 a month: A-, because I did save the $100, but I had some extra I could have saved this month and did not, so that extra was whittled away, spent on silly little things (but also some good things, like dinners out with friends)
- Start an Etsy store: B, because I have begun the process but really could have done more
- Try a new recipe every month: N/A yet, because I have the new recipe and all of the ingredients. I plan to make it tomorrow night
- Send birthday cards: A+, because I sent birthday cards to the 2 friends with January birthdays
- Finish every project: C, because out of two projects I began in January, one is complete and the other is about 75% complete, staring at me from a prominent spot in the living room
- Read 12 books: A, because I finished one book and will have another finished before this month is over
- Spend more time outside: D, because I need to do better, but it’s cooooold!
- Keep one houseplant alive: N/A, because I haven’t yet found The One
- Walk 365 miles: F, because I have walked on the treadmill exactly twice this month, ugh
- Throw a party: N/A, because, not yet. But I have definitely put a lot of thought into exactly what kind of party I want to throw this year
- Date night every month: A+, because we had Date DAY Sunday, and it was such a great day, and I can’t wait to have the next one!
Areas to improve:
- I definitely need to make more of an effort to get time on the treadmill. The days that I did it, I just came home and immediately changed into walking clothes. I didn’t give myself time to sit down or try to talk myself out of it, so I think that’s the key. I think 365 miles is still doable, because while I am only walking .5-1 mile at a time right now, I am hoping to build up my stamina and be able to walk much longer distances. I know, I am beyond out of shape. It’s pathetic.
- I need to get outside more, I know this. I really will, once it gets a little warmer outside. I do love sitting outside on the porch swing, just not when it’s 30-40 degrees outside.
- I need to begin the search for The Houseplant. The One I am going to keep alive all year. Such a lofty goal.
So there you have it. I think overall I’d give myself a C+/B-. Anyone else make goals for 2011 that you want to report on? Make me feel better about my less than stellar grades!