Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Day challenge update

My summer is not going exactly as planned. I am struggling with feeling like I'm not taking enough advantage of my time off. I feel like I should be doing something productive all the time, or adequately enjoying my time off, and instead I have been sitting around the house, mostly bored. I don't really know what to do to remedy this. We do have a beach vacation coming up that I am looking forward to. Maybe that will help me feel like I am in more of a summer state of mind instead of just feeling lazy.

Here is my journal page for today, day 16:

The prompt for the 30 Days of Journaling challenge was a scavenger hunt! We were supposed to find everything on the list, but I was only able to find 8/12 items. Here is the list: something red, a dictionary definition, a map, a footnote, a ticket stub, a postmarked stamp, a business card, something with a circle on it, a piece of a security envelope, a name tag, an illustration of a chihuahua, the header of your favorite blog.
I did have fun searching all over the house for the things I did find.

The prompt for 30 Days of Doodles was to pick your favorite shape and fill your page with ONLY that shape. I guess I didn't exactly follow the prompt, because there is writing on my page, but that's what happens when you try to combine two challenges.

And now I'm off to go clean my craft room. Not exactly the kind of productive task I want to be filling my time with, but something that has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment