Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Catch-up

I've been slacking on posting my entries for the two challenges, so here is a catch-up post (not to be confused with a ketchup post).

Day 2:

The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was to create 3-5 goals for yourself for this journal challenge.
The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to draw your favorite flower. I'm not sure what type of flower this is supposed to be, but it's my favorite flower to draw, if that counts.

Day 3:

The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was to write at least five things you want to do in June.
The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to draw three objects near you (in case it's not clear, I drew a remote, a few colored pencils, and a candle).

Day 4:

The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was what you wish you wore. I am super short and not so skinny. I always wish I could wear the cute maxi dresses that look so comfy for summer, but they would drag the ground by a few feet if I tried to wear them. Also, I'm never comfortable in mini skirts or bikinis, but I adore the way they look on everyone else.
The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to draw what your power would be if you were a superhero, as well as what your "outfit" would look like. I tried to draw myself flying through the air and I wasn't happy with it, but that would be my power. And, a super simple outfit for me.

Day 5:

The 30 Days of Journaling prompt was your summer traditions. This is my first year working in a school system (I'm a Speech Language Pathologist), so this year I am hoping to create some new summer traditions to carry on every year. So far, they're pretty simple.
The 30 days of Doodles prompt was to draw your favorite outfit, or what you wore today. My fiance was actually off work Sunday, so we went out for a boat ride. We took the pup. It was only her second time on the boat. She really enjoys the ride, but is not a fan of the water or swimming. Anyhow, I obviously wore my bathing suit that day.

Day 6:

The 30 Days of Journaling prompt yesterday was to write a love letter to yourself. I don't know if this counts as a love letter; it's more of a reminder. With this first summer off (well, first "paid" summer off), I'm trying to learn the balance between relaxing and being too lazy.
The 30 Days of Doodles prompt was to draw your pet(s). I drew the pup, Peri. I have a hard time getting my doggy doodles to look like her. She's a Jack Russell, but when I draw her she always seems to look like a chihuahua.

So now I am all caught up. I will do today's entries this evening and take pictures and post them hopefully tomorrow. I'm really enjoying both challenges, and I like the look I've sort of stumbled into, with the black pen and a few colored pencils. Looking forward to the rest of the month's prompts!

No comments:

Post a Comment